Friday, April 22, 2011

"Good Friday (again)"

It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour.  And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.  Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."  When he had said this, he breathed his last.   (Luke 23:44-46)


My childhood memories are of Mom always telling me to watch the skies. "The clouds will move in today and the sky will grow dark." So, I would always watch and wait. To this day, I do this ... I watch and wait, now knowing that I must watch and wait at the foot of the cross that bears my Lord. I must look at the cross when I most want to look away.

Today, it is grey and rainy. The clouds have moved in. The sky is dark.

It is Good Friday (again).

Prayers for each of you as you stand at the foot of the cross this day... as you gather with others who are watching and waiting ... as you then go your separate ways.

Standing with you in the darkness of this day,
anna

No comments:

Post a Comment