Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A MORNING'S PRAYER


Gracious and Loving God, thank you for the gift of this day. I know that each day is a gift from you, wrapped up with love, opportunities and new possibilities. Help me to live in gratitude.

For the beauty of creation, I give you thanks. Help me to notice the flowers along my way today … beautiful, colourful, resilient and strong even on those days when the forecast is of the rains. I pray that I might be the same in your world.

For the joy of loving and being loved, I give you thanks. Give me a heart that welcomes this joy. For the steadfastness of good friends, I give you thanks. Help me to polish and cherish friendships so that they might shine in new ways.

For meaningful work to do, for words to share, for supportive and encouraging people in my life, I give you thanks. I pray that I don’t overlook the importance of any of these.

When challenges and hardships overwhelm me, when darkness desires to delay the morning’s light, give me glimpses of your grace. Remind me that your grace surrounds me, is within me, is reflective of who I am and is to be noticed and seen if I would just remember to look for it. Yes, for the certainty of your grace, I give you thanks.

I now watch the sun rise and I think of you, Loving God. You are the one who stirs all awake to the newness of this day. The flowers raise their faces to you. The rains fall and offer me hope for a clean slate in my day. The birds wake with a new song and I find that my heart joins with them and sings new songs of love and gratitude to you, O God.

Thank you for another day.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment