Friday, November 7, 2014

"Yes, You Can!"

Do not fear for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God;  I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand … For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Do not fear, I will help you.”   (Isaiah 41:10 and 13  NRSV)

There will be days
when others say
“No you can’t”
and you know
without pause
or doubt
that God has whispered,
“You can.”

When all things,
even the weather,
seem to side
with the naysayers,
you still know
with all certainty
that there is another way
to be revealed,
a better path to take,
for God doesn’t place
ideas
and hope
and joy
and perseverance
within a person
without purpose.

Wait for the next day
or the day after that.
Wait for
the “You Can’t” from others
to be watered down
and weakened
by the power
and strength
of the“You Can”
from God.
Wait for
perfect timing
that is of God’s design
and direction.

Trust
that the right time
will come
and that
when you walk away
from those who say
“You can’t”
you will come
face-to-face
with those who say
with a smile,
“You have come
to the right place!”

And once again,
God whispers
not just
“You can”
but “You will.”


No comments:

Post a Comment