Saturday, October 10, 2015

"Still, There is Hope"



(Ponderings on Mark 10-17-31)

"My soul is restless until I find rest in Thee." For this reason and because of the life-changing love of Jesus, I have a lot of hope for this rich man found in Mark 10:17-31. I can only hope that he didn't walk away from Jesus forever. I hope that he didn't grow old among his riches and gods. I hope and pray that whatever it was that made him restless in the beginning, kept him restless until he found rest in God alone. There seemed to be a crack in the wall of this rich young man's own kingdom .. a crack that caused a restlessness, a crack that brought him face to face with Jesus and a crack that hopefully allowed the Holy Spirit to work from within his "walls" and hesitancy. So for him (and for so many of us), "Still, There is Hope".


“What must I do?” he asked.
“I am decent and good
and follow God’s commandments.
Tell me, what must I do
to inherit this eternal life
of which you speak?”

The answer was
simple, yet costly.

‘GO.
SELL.
GIVE.
COME.
FOLLOW,”
was the reply.

The man’s face fell
and in sadness
he turned
and walked away.

And yet,
Jesus looked at him
and loved him.

Still,
there is hope …
for this rich man.

And still,
there is hope …
for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment