Monday, February 1, 2016

"Changes From the Glimpse of Glory"


I often spell my name
‘anna’,
in lower-case letters
for reasons
that have been
humbling
and focused
and yet, at times,
a little uncertain
in the journey.

But there are
other days when
‘Anna’ is
wanted
and felt
as I walk
along the way
with a little more
confidence
and more awareness
of God’s Presence,
just waiting
to blind me
with surprises.

Always,
I am reminded,
that I am
‘ANNA’ …
greatly beloved,
written in letters
formed by God
with the flourish
of  grace and mercy…
made bold
by the Holy Spirit…
capitalized by Jesus’
call to discipleship.
.
But there is one 
who reminds me
that my name
is also spelled
‘aNNa’
as one who lingered
at the foot of the mountain
perhaps a little too long …
as one who has
climbed up to the
top of the mountain …
as one who has
seen the smallest portion
of the Glory of God …
as one who has heard
“Shhh.  Listen!
This is my Son, the Beloved” …
and as one
who has been
sent back down
from the mountaintop
as anna
and Anna
and ANNA!

No comments:

Post a Comment