Tuesday, May 15, 2018

"What Puzzle Piece Do You Have to Share?


Each morning I drive by the building that is painted like a puzzle.  It's in a rather sad part of town. Those I often see along the road seem to be weary, shuffling up the hill to who-knows-where or trying to get the attention of who-knows-what.  This colorful building seems so out of place in such a grey part of town.

One of the puzzle pieces on the front of this building reads "You are so loved."  I carry that reminder with me each day as I begin my day at work.  This morning the traffic had come to a standstill in front of the building so I was able to read another puzzle piece that was on the side.  The words are something like "What piece of the human puzzle do you have to share with others?"  Perhaps one flows from the other ... knowing that we are "so loved" brings with it a call to share our own piece of the human puzzle with others.  Too many are missing that "you are so loved" puzzle piece that is God-shaped.  Too many think that they have lost it forever when it is always in plain sight.

Just maybe this brightly-colored building is not only for those weary ones in a grey world but also for those of us who drive by.  May we offer a puzzle piece to someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment