Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Blurry Look at Life



Yesterday, my thoughts began with "LIFE becomes visible in the hour before people begin to head to work." This grey morning, LIFE seemed somewhat hidden, somewhat invisible, in the drizzle and on the wet streets.

Unlike yesterday, there was no one on a bike this morning (whether they wanted to be or needed to be). There seemed to be fewer cars on my route. There wasn't a soul walking along my way for me to offer a wave and a smile. Houses were dark. No lights filtered through their curtains. Even the cats that live in the empty lot and are fed by that unknown person in the "iffy" section were somewhere else this morning.

This morning, LIFE seemed to be me ... and the crows that were curious about a discarded McDonald's bag on the road ... and stoplights that seemed to take longer than usual to change from red to green.

LIFE was a little blurry this morning.

S
uch is life at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment