Thursday, June 4, 2015

"The Word for the Day is .... "


Last night, a friend sent a message to me, commenting that he hadn’t seen/read any of my Tuesday lunch grace-sightings lately.  As I ended my evening, I wondered why the grace-sightings had become fewer in recent weeks.  Perhaps there is a fog of the heart when the stuff of life is allowed to cloud over such sightings.  I pray that I continue to be willing to be enchanted by and receptive to God's presence … thus, the word for the day!

The word for the day is RECEPTIVE.

It has been said of C. S. Lewis that his most significant defining characteristic was his willingness to be “enchanted” – a profound openness to delight joined with the sense that there is more to the world than meets the eye.  C. S. Lewis wrote, “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God.  The world is crowded with Him.  He walks everywhere incognito.  And the incognito is not always hard to penetrate.”  Lewis continued by describing our task this way:  “The real labor is to remember to attend.  In fact, to come awake.  Still more, to remain awake.”

So, the word for the day is RECEPTIVE … we see that modeled in the life of C. S. Lewis and that is what I hope for us all (with a good dose of "enchantment' thrown in).

No comments:

Post a Comment