Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A Prayer for Pastors and Other Servants (which means each of us!)



Ever before me are these written words … "There is a mysterious connection between the hand that writes, the mind that thinks and the heart that sees." This was offered to me years ago by a
Cuban-refugee-turned-UMC-pastor (Rev. Alberto Rodriguez). Also, written under those words is Deuteronomy 30:14   "... the word is very near to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart for you to
observe."  And written inside of my Bible are the words, “Read daily for Grace, Guidance and Strength.”

I am a word person … a visual person. I want to be reminded of these things often and I pray that it might be so in my days.  But I also know that in your own ways, you are as well for you have been called to the Word and you pray that you might also "see".

"Oh God, open your servants' eyes and hearts to see you in their surroundings ... in fields and in cities, in crowds and alone, among the hungry and among the filled, in the quiet and in the noise, in your Word and in the world. Be with my friends as they step into their week.  Place within all a renewed desire to share what is seen.  Amen."

Prayers for each of you this day as you recognize that the word is very near to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment